CityUps, this year’s large-scale, live architecture event requires the expertise and input of our installation partners and also loads of construction materials. To make CityUps happen, these incredible companies stepped up to offer us their help at no cost where they could! Including:
- 6 scaffolding companies are bringing teams of staff to help the students install their outrageous designs: Elliott Scaffolding, Upright Scaffolding, Acrow, Camelspace, SSPNZ, & Daveron Scaffolding. We also wish to acknowledge SARNZ, the industry body that ensures best practice, which all the scaffolding companies involved in CityUps are a part of.
- 84 x 2400kg concrete blocks (thanks RPC Construction) to hold down the students’ towering installations, which will take over two blocks of the central city.
- Thanks also to Spiire and Lewis Bradford for engineering CityUps and BVT for stepping in to engineer the two event frames!
- 20 tonnes of scaffolding is coming from Wellington to Christchurch – thanks so much to Layher Ltd for providing this. This will be used to make the frames that will support the elevated city of the future on October 25.
- 680km is the distance TNL are transporting the 20 tonnes of scaffolding for CityUps from Wellington to Christchurch and back again!
- 1 km of fencing will be used in the construction, installation and live event phases of CityUps (cheers Fahey Fence Hire)
- 1 (massive) crane (cheers Titan Cranes!) to lift things up for CityUps
- Cheers to Accessman City for high reach equipment!
- We also want to acknowledge contributions from Protanz (who graded some of the sites in preparation for the public) and Mackleys (for giving us a sweet price on transporting 211 tonnes of concrete across the city)
- thanks to Leighs Construction for leaping in and helping us out at the last minute with a telehandler and cheers to Telelift for giving us a stellar deal on renting one for the rest of the time!
We asked our installation partners why they have chosen to participate in FESTA through CityUps:
‘We have chosen to support FESTA because Daveron Scaffolding is proud to support a community project in the heart of the city.’ – Daveron Scaffolding.